If AmSurg Reports, Will Anyone Care?
- Posted by Danny
- on October 24th, 2012
Probably not, but that’s cool. We didn’t care much about ‘em either until recently.
Based out of Nashville, AmSurg ($AMSG) specializes in developing and operating ambulatory surgery centers across the U.S. They reported Q3 earnings last night that were basically in-line, and it looked something like this:
- Revenue +16% YoY to $226 mil
- Net income +13% YoY to $53.8 mil
- Same-center revs +2% YoY
- YTD revenue +23% YoY
- YTD net income +27% YoY
…and for the ever important guidance, the CEO had this to say:
- Revenues in a range of $915 million to $925 million for 2012 compared with the previous range of $905 million to $925 million.
- Same-center revenue increase of 3% for 2012, up from the prior range of 2% to 3%.
Ranked #23 in the BeanScreen this month, we rolled the dice ahead of earnings and started a position last week at $27. Guess we’ll find out today if that was a good move or not…or maybe the market could care less.
sources: Earnings: AmSurg profits jump 13 percent – Nashville Business Journal
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Daniel Miller and Jason Robinson are self taught investors based in Daphne, Alabama, and are the co-founders of the WallStreetBean. Neither one of them are professional investors - just two regular guys who want to share their investing ideas and thoughts with others. More
- The Mother of All Analogs (Update)
- BeanScreen for May 1, 2013
- BeanScreen LinkHouse – Week in Review (April 22-27, 2013)
- BeanScreen for April 1, 2013
- The Crichton Leprechaun
- BeanScreen LinkHouse – Week in Review (March 4-9, 2013)
- BeanScreen for March 1, 2013
- Winter Cookies
- BeanScreen LinkHouse – Week in Review (Feb 11-16, 2013)
- BeanScreen LinkHouse – Week in Review (Feb 4-9, 2013)